Today is the 135th anniversary of when Ulysses S. Grant signed the Centennial State into the Union. And here in the capitol, known as “The Queen City of The West,” (much to Jack Phillips’ chagrin), we all bow in reverence to our purple mountain majesty, and hope like hell they don’t catch fire again.
The Westword has fortunately graced us with 50 reasons we should be glad we live here. Some of my personal favorites:
47. Even our fundamentalists enjoy gay blowjobs and meth.
43. You got mountains? We got more mountains.
35. John. Fucking. Elway. (and now Payton. Fucking. Manning.)
20. We told humidity to fuck off. And it listened.
7. Raise your hand if Trey Parker and Matt Stone are from your state. No one? That’s what we thought.
Not all of them are great, but some just flat kick ass. Any other Coloradans (or people fortunate to have visited our great land) have any to add?